Thursday, August 31, 2006

ripe wine and black bananas

I finished my wine classes last night. I am now able to say something like...this wine has spicy finish with notes of plum and black cherry and a hint of pencil shavings. The "pencil shavings" is something that I actually read from a description in the aisles of Costco.
One thing I learned....expensive doesn't mean better. Last night we tasted a $30 wine that really gagged me, but a $9 wine was just delightful.

For some odd reason today, I felt like baking. Perhaps, it was the five black bananas that cried out to become bread. This baking thing goes against every part of me that complains about the heat and yet wants to turn on a device in our house that pumps temperatures to 350 degrees. You know me though, I have to do things in bulk. So since I had all my stuff out I made two different recipes.

I've been looking lately at what food does to me. I know this is not ground breaking, and I don't know why I can't get it through my little brain that white things make me a complete zombie....white flour, white rice, sugar, desserts, potatoes.....all things I hold so dear.
So after sampling my different attempts at banana bread, I crashed on the floor surrounding by three busy little bodies who occasionally had to step or crawl over me to get things done in the toy room.

No comments: