Friday, September 01, 2006

2nd oldest profession

Sometimes ya just gotta watch what you say. Take for instance anchor Kyra Phillips who went to the john during the president's live address and started to praise her husband and slam her unfortunate sister-in-law. Her mic was open and she was live private and personal with the entire country.

Then there is our own little "watch your mouth" episode around here...

"Mama, do you know what is special about you?" Q asked while I tried to do some excercises with my friend Denise Austin. "Oh no, what is it?" I asked ready to hear the full range of all my glorified qualities.

Q put up his fist in a sort of black pride way and wrinkled his nose. The fist for those of you who don't know the sign language of our house means a big fat ZERO.

I think it is those damn
Higgly Town Heroes and how they profile a certain profession....the street sweeper, doctor, fire fighter. Q was quick to point out how I don't leave the house to do anything noble like the doctor; everything I do is just right here in this house.

I stopped what I was doing sat down in front of the child and explained how I gave up a career to do the most important job in the world, blah blah blah. But he would have none of it. That was then and this is now after all.

I asked him what he was going to do with his kids when he grew up. He explained that since his doctor's office would be in his house. He would let whomever came to the door take care of the kids. I thought that was a great idea.... so I told him to get dressed because we were going out to the street to pass him off to the first car that came by.

So if you happen to be driving by my house, look for the four-year-old sitting on the curb.

No comments: