Friday, September 29, 2006

Not yet


I'm not ready for this.
Today at lunch, Q asked me how the babies get out of their mama's bellies.
With the first child, I usually could just dismiss everything by saying, "The mamas just go to the hospital and the doctor takes the baby out." And the questions would go away.
It didn't work this time.
I can say that I am pretty straight forward about most things with the boys. But I think 4 is too early for this child to know all the details. He wanted to know and he was not taking any of the vague, mamsy pamsy explanations I was dishing out.

Luckily I remembered that I did have ONE c-section, which in reality was an awful experience. But how glad I am for it now....it makes this all a little easier to explain.

"Do they use scissors?" he asked.

Yes, and scotch tape....

No comments: