Sunday, February 18, 2007

a sunday for the dogs

So the baby is sick again. Oh how I hate it.
A fever this time. This is the third day in a row he's had this mysterious fever. He shivers and shakes when his Motrin wears off and is just generally miserable.
And to add another mark in my "Mother of the Year" resume, I left the sick baby and two older perfectly healthy children ((Griper and Hyper)) in my husband's care all day yesterday so I could go scrapbook.
I tend to get in a bit of a downward spiral when I have a sick kid. I start to worry. And then I obsess.... maybe this is the start of something worse? Isn't this just how Ebola begins? ! General malaise and a fever? OH wait. I'm starting to not feel so well myself. Oh wait you over there, do you have a runny nose... Isn't that how a brain hemorrhage starts?
So needless to say, it probably was better I was out of the house.

Speaking of obsessing, I am warning you I may write about this for 2.3 years until the event finally takes place, but I've begun looking at taking the plunge and getting a dog. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. I've been on petfinder and a local Lab rescue website, looking for that hole in my head which I've been so desparately missing.

No comments: