Thursday, December 28, 2006

winter

Ah winter vacation...
the best part is the sleeping in. I get about an hour extra now adays. If I would have stopped at two kids. I could easily have slept into 10 am today. Q sets a daily goal on how late he can sleep in. He is so proud in the morning when he walks in full dressed and says "Guess how late I slept in today?"
K is a morning person. He wakes up early with a clear head and voice. He happily putters around alone making crafts, quizzes and experiments all without interuption from younger siblings. Last week he was in tears at 10am sobbing, "I LOOOVE morning. I don't want it to end!"
Yesterday KC started climbing, climbing, climbing. everything. As a result, he's been falling down quite a bit. Today for some reason when I went to get him from his crib, he looked more like a boy than a baby. His hair is growing out and becoming more parted and less baby like. Little man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is also difficult to keep the journal up to date this time of year. My personal journal lingered from the 22nd until the day before yesterday. I'm like K. I like the morning and getting things done early. Too many generations of peasants working on farms in my blood. Now I get up with S. before she goes to work at 6:30 AM. What a shock to her system. For some reason the story about K. reminded me of winter mornings back home in PA when I was always the first one up. My first job after brushing my teeth was getting the fire in the coal furnace going. Dad worked second trick and would bank the fire for the night before he went to bed around 12:30. I had to toss the coal in and get it roaring for the day around 6 AM. It was a few more years before the gas line was brought up our street. Since this is making it sound like a geezer story, I also walked a mile to school in the snow.

McMama said...

I thought about you when I wrote this about K. The early bird. The brainiac.