Sunday, November 19, 2006

eve of joy


My boy will be seven tomorrow.

I don't know when this happened exactly.
Seems so big to me.

He got a bike today. He found it by doing an extensive treasure hunt to our friends' (his babysitters) house.
(btw--babysitter family-- I think I deleted the message I told you about. anyway a shout out to babysitter and family)

This boy has been struggling lately with a bad case of the grumpies. I don't know how he got so mean. Though sometimes when he growls to his brother, "You know better," I think I may have a hint of a mini mirror in front of me.

Q spent one day playing with a friend. Just before K got home, he warned his friend, "Be careful, he can be very grouchy."

We work with him daily.... almost to the point of insanity. Relax we tell him, through clenched teeth. RELAX!


Though tonight when I went to his room to check on him I kissed him on his head. He woke up momentarily and drowsily asked, "Mama, how big is heaven?"


"Oh very big. Infinity. It has no end." I told him.


"Oh cool," he said and drifted off to sleep.

No comments: