Wednesday, September 19, 2007

boys, books and bathrooms

Pictures from Q's first day of school and the baby's first day of mother's morning out.

I just scraped wallpaper and it's sticky liner for the past hour. It is about as much as I can take at a time. The bathroom still gets too hot and tedious. I tried to trick my mind into taking the zen approach it all.... It is not about the destination; it is about the journey. It is not about the journey.

But really in this case it is all about the destination. I want my bathroom done. It is about picking a green. In the end, it will be the wrong green, but I will be tired of looking for the PERFECT green.
I've started in a book club. Our first meeting is next month, our book is Welcome to the World Baby Girl by Fannie Flagg. Any other suggestions are welcome.
Right now I'm reading Rise and Shine by Anna Quindlen. Next I feel it is my duty as a member of this society to read Harry Potter, the first one, mind you. I also want to read Kite Runner. That should get me through Christmas, since I am not a fast reader and things like messy children and peeling bathrooms and doggie diarrhea seem to swallow up big chunks of time around here.

No comments: