Saturday, January 13, 2007

saturday

There is this odd feeling I had today. It is called, "I think I got enough sleep."
I put the baby down for a nap and then did the same to myself. I think I must have slept for well over an hour maybe two.
Now my head is remarkably clear...It is a very weird feeling.

Tonight K said he wanted to camp in the baby's room and "take care" of him. So he is in charge of fumbling around in the dark for a pacifer to stick in that baby's mouth if he needs it. Sounds good in theory to me, but this seven year old kid sleeps like a rock. This, despite his first two years of life when a creak in the floor in another part of the house would raise him fully awake and crying.

Q says he wants to be in charge of baby duty tomorrow night. Funny, as this is the kid, who can appear fully awake while he runs circles around your bedroom but is in full blown REM. One night, he came into my room crawled up on the bed, stood, and started to pull his PJ's down to pee on me. "DO YOU HAVE TO GO PEE PEE?!" I shouted. "Yes," he answered as I pulled him to the bathroom. He remembered none of it.

No wonder I don't get enough sleep.

No comments: